Cap Ibu Rendang Indonenische curry kruidenmix.
Rendang is a very popular rich tasting meat dish in Indonesia. Originated in Sumatra, it was served at occasions to honor guests. In 2011 it was named by CNN as the number one dish of the 50 Most delicious Foods in the world. It is cooked slowly in coconut milk and rich spices until the sauce becomes thick in cosistency. Rendang main flavoruings are coriander, pepper, lemongrass, ginger, turmeric, galangal, chilli, shallots and garlic.
Bumbu Rendang is a basic herbal paste to make the most delicious Rendang. Enjoy the cuisine from Indonesia.
How to prepare:
- Use 500 g pieces of meat (beef, chicken) and 1/2 of the jar of paste with 1.2 L water.
- Add all ingredients in to a cooking pot and bring to a boil
- Then reduce the heat and let it simmer on a low heat
- Stir frequently until the meat is tender and the water evaporates
- Add extra water when simmering if needed.
For a creamer sauce you can substitute the 1.2 liters of water for coconut milk